Your wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when planning your wedding. It’s where you’ll say your vows, celebrate with your friends and family, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Here at The Wilds Venue in Indiana, we are thrilled to provide a diversely beautiful property which takes care of every potential photo need. But what many couples don’t realize is that these outdoor photo locations at your wedding venue can be just as important as the venue itself.
Here are a few reasons why you need to consider your outdoor photo locations:
- Variety: A wedding venue with diverse outdoor photo locations will give you more variety in your wedding photos. This is important because it will help you capture the unique beauty & storytelling aspect of your wedding day.
- Backdrops: Different outdoor photo locations can provide you with a variety of backdrops for your photos. This could include anything from lush nature, wide landscapes, to clean architectural backdrop.
- Lighting: The lighting at different outdoor photo locations can vary depending on the time of day. This can give you a variety of lighting options for your photos, such as a golden hour glow.
- Weather: If it rains on your wedding day, you’ll need to have some indoor photo locations planned. However, if you have a wedding venue with diverse outdoor photo locations, you may still be able to get some great photos outside, even if it’s raining. At The Wilds, our pavilion even offers the option of protection from natural elements while maintaining a natural backdrop.
Here are a few tips for choosing a wedding venue with diverse outdoor photo locations:
- Consider the time of year: For spring or summer weddings, you’ll want to make sure that your venue has some outdoor photo locations that are shaded. For fall or winter weddings, you’ll want to make sure that your venue has some outdoor photo locations that are sunny. A healthy blend of both any time of year will ensure excellent photo options.
- Think about the size of your wedding party: With large wedding parties, you’ll need to make sure that your venue has enough outdoor photo locations to accommodate everyone.
- Ask to see photos: Many wedding venues will have photos of their outdoor photo locations on their website or in their brochure. Here at The Wilds, our blog is a wonderful photo location scouting resource. However, it’s always a good idea to ask to see photos of the photo locations in person. At The Wilds, we provide a golf cart for you and your photo/video team to take around the property to capture all the greatest shots.
By choosing a wedding venue with diverse outdoor photo locations, you can ensure that you’ll get the wedding photos of your dreams.
We would also recommend considering the following:
- The style of your wedding: Rustic elegance is accomplished with ample natural backdrops. Romantic classic weddings benefit from sweeping views. At The Wilds, our couples enjoy the best of both worlds and everything in between. Choose between tangled woods, open fields, an elegant pond, and a modern classic building.
- Your budget: Wedding venues can vary in price, so it’s important to factor in your budget when making your decision. Look for a high value venue like ours which provides the maximum service to each couple.
- Your location: If you’re having a destination wedding, you’ll need to choose a venue that is located in the same area as your wedding. Couples looking to be married in Southern Indiana won’t want to miss what we have to offer at The Wilds.
We hope this blog post has been helpful. If you are ready to plan your dream wedding with us at The Wilds, please contact us today.